Forest in the Sand Luxury Linen duvet
In the distance they could see that the sand met the forest only to watch as the rolling dunes swallowed up the trees whole, at this moment they could not decide if they were awake or dreaming
Like a dream, there are some places in the world that you cannot believe are true. Inspired by Yeagerup Dunes in Western Australia is the Some Other Place luxury doona set, an abstract hand painted linen doona cover that evokes the Australian natural environment. Large green brush strokes, smudges of blush paint and a single layer of gold thread depict a forest engulfed by sand.
Blurring the lines between homewares and art, our linen bedding is completely individual - painted by hand in our Brunswick studio on enviously soft 100% stonewashed linen, each piece has been custom made for people that want the very ultimate collectors item.
- Linen doona cover
- Set of pillowcases in standard size in linen: 1 Olive Eclipse + 1 Olive Half Moon (75 x 50cm)
- Protective linen storage bag
- Paint - Olive + Pink
- Fabric - Optical white 100% linen
Material information and treatments
- 100% pure linen
- Stonewashed + Heat Cured + Softened
- Designed and manufactured in Australia according to ethical and sustainable Australian standards
- All of our products are made on 100% breathable stonewashed linen - great for people with skin sensitivity and eczema
- Each product is individually hand painted in our Brunswick studio (Australia) using eco-friendly paints
- All of our hand painted products have been heat cured so you can machine wash and dry them
- Internal fabric ties will keep that doona insert in place
- All of our fastenings are made from a gold plated, anti-rust metal to keep that doona in its cover
- Before packaging up your bedding we wash and dry it with an Australian lavender eco-friendly laundry wash
- We are 100% designed and made in Australia
- Our bedding is 100% linen so you can launder it on a warm machine wash
- We recommend washing your bedding inside-out so that the embroidery and paint does not scratch against the surface of your washing machine barrel
- Please do not soak, bleach or wring
- We recommend that you do not leave laundry powder to dissolve on fabric as colour patching may occur – tell those less experienced about washing to put the washing powder or liquid in first!
- Line dry your bedding when you can, if you must use a dryer try to keep it a medium temperature so you do not melt the embroidery thread.
- If you iron, use the linen setting with steam – use a pressing cloth over the embroidery and paint as the paint and thread may melt if the iron is too hot.
Everything about us is small. We hand paint everything because we believe in the beauty of the individual, of wabi sabi, where everything has a slight imperfection but is treasured just the same. Because we are small, we can keep control of the detail and make sure every single one of our customers is happy - we have never had a return and never plan to. If for some reason you are unhappy with your product simply write to us and send it back within 30 days unused and in its original condition and we'll make sure you are treated with something that suits you best. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.