Chalk Eclipse Linen Tablecloth
Inspired by the Bauhaus philosophy of creating practical objects infused with good design, the Bauhaus Linen Tablecloth is a practical yet beautiful piece that is striking on any table setting. Available in a range of colours, this design features a bold circle and half circle – equally balanced across the tablecloth.
Made from 100% linen, this fabric is heavy in weight making it perfect to drape across a table or spread out for a picnic. Hand forged brushstrokes create textural shapes that create wonderful backdrops to hand thrown ceramics and kitchen utensils. This tablecloth is generous at 250 x140cm in a rectangular format.
Painted by hand in The Vallentine Project’s Brunswick studio this piece can be machine washed and tumble dried and features our signature chalk paint, mixed by hand in Melbourne.
- 250cm length x 140cm width
- Each design has been hand painted making it an original design
- This product is 100% Australian designed
- Paint - Chalk
- Fabric - Oatmeal 100% linen
Material information and treatments
- 100% pure linen
- Stonewashed + Heat Cured + Softened
- Designed and manufactured in Australia according to ethical and sustainable Australian standards
- All of our products are made on 100% linen
- Each product is individually hand painted in our Brunswick studio (Australia) using eco-friendly paints
- All of our hand painted products have been heat cured so you can machine wash and dry them
- We are 100% designed and made in Australia
- Our tableware is 100% linen so you can launder it on a warm machine wash
- We recommend washing your tablecloth in a lingerie bag so the paint does not scratch against the surface of your washing machine barrel
- Please do not soak, bleach or wring
- We recommend that you do not leave laundry powder to dissolve on fabric as colour patching may occur – tell those less experienced about washing to put the washing powder or liquid in first!
- Line dry your linen when you can, if you must use a dryer try to keep it a medium temperature
- If you iron, use the linen setting with steam – use a pressing cloth over any paint or embroidery as these may melt if the iron is too hot
Everything about us is small. We hand paint everything because we believe in the beauty of the individual, of wabi sabi, where everything has a slight imperfection but is treasured just the same. Because we are small, we can keep control of the detail and make sure every single one of our customers is happy - we have never had a return and never plan to. If for some reason you are unhappy with your product simply write to us and send it back within 30 days unused and in its original condition and we'll make sure you are treated with something that suits you best. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details